Monday, March 16, 2009

Back to School

So I am now sitting in class. . . hooray! (said sarcastically) I am back in the swing of things after a week break- that now I am finished with feels like it didn't actually happen. Can I just tell you, the stress of grad school is making me feel like it isn't even worth it. I think about the idea of another year + of this, and can't even stand the thought. I used to think that I loved school. . . as a matter of fact. . . I do. . . the learning part- right now I don't feel like I am learning. I just feel like I am having to do a bunch of busy work, which is totally inapplicable. I mean can't I just pay my 50 grand and get the degree without having to do all the crap? I am so sick of the stupid reports- which I have to do multiple times so they are just like the professors want them. . . the stupid tests which examine if I know what the professor wants me to cram in my head just before I take them. . . the papers. . . which actually are more like BS in paragraph form, supported by evidence which some researcher found, and I was able to google. Well, actually, its not all bad. I mean I like the fact that I am learning (in some classes) things that I may actually use. I just feel like teachers want you to feel like you are getting something out of it and therefore are giving tons of busy work- don't they realize that if all the teachers are giving us enough busy work to keep us busy we aren't just busy. . . we can't get it all done?
Sorry for the negative rant. . . I am just not too happy about being back.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

So sad. Don't worry everyone deserves a negative rant once in awhile. Hopefully, you will be able to read the professors mind and provide the correct right answer to each question on all of your tests.