Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Snow day!

So, I know that it has been forever since I have written anything on my blog. I am pretty sure that no one will even read now when I do start posting again. . . but hey, why not. . . I didn't get this so people would read it anyway. . . it's just a place for me to express my own thoughts. . .
I guess I should write why I have been so lax in writing on my blog. I have been busy beyond belief. I am now working 10-15 hours a week, doing 5 hours of clinic- plus the added 15 hours of analysis on my sessions and the writing of reports, and the re-writing of reports. Oh and then class, I forgot about the 10 hours of class I also have to endure weekly. Did I mention tests?. . . the studying?. . . the paper writing?. . . How about church?. . . A relationship?. . . needless to say, I haven't had time for anything out of the necessary. I mean not that I am complaining. I do better work under pressure, even though I tend to have more breakdowns too. Poor Ryan. . . poor guy has to deal with my bi-weekly melt downs. I can't believe there is anyone in the entire world who would deal with my stressload. Ok. . . so life is good. . . it's just busy.

Ok. . . so on to the real reason for posting. Last week the snow finally melted. . . it is amazing the effect that a couple of days of 40 degree weather will do to the world. So saturday I actually went running in shorts and a t-shirt. I was a bit cold, but not too bad. Spring had finally come to Boston. I was so excited for the green earth to begin peeking through. . . then came Sunday. Sunday night it snowed a foot and a half. . . the streets were so bad that you literally couldn't drive. I had to shovel my car out. . . and when I say this I mean it. . . I literally shoveled my car off, not just out. I woke up to howling wind and of course no heat. . . (being that we haven't actually had a working heater all winter that didn't surprise me) but I didn't care. I looked at my phone to see what time it was and there, in my inbox was the best news of my life (yes. . . literally. . . ok maybe not literally. . . but close to it) I had gotten a text from fox weather telling me that my school was cancelled for the day. I got to stay home and study all day. Not that that sounds fun. . . but when you don't have time to do it during a normal week it is the best thing ever. At night I ordered in some Indian food (which I have been craving for a month. . . but Ryan won't go for it. . .) and just enjoyed my snow day.

3 comments:

Jessica Newman said...

I love indian food! I want to come and have a snow day with you!

Julia said...

Contrary to your thoughts I actually do read your blog. I have the same thoughts about mine though. I don't think anyone reads it.

Anonymous said...

Spring Break is here! Hooray!!