Thursday, April 16, 2009

The good life

Ya know,
Sometimes I think life is really hard. I mean there are those hard days. . . believe me I know. I mean there are times where it feels like there is no way on earth I can take this life any longer (I'm not saying that I can't take living anymore, just in case anyone was wondering if it would be necessary to do an intervention, I am just saying that this life, ya know the one where I go to grad school, work, do clinic, a relationship, and everything else is tough) I feel a bit overwhelmed and life just gets to me. . . but really, do you know how amazing this life is? I mean, I live in an incredible city, where I can stroll along a beautiful river and feel peace in this hectic world. I have a job (though I don't work much, it is still something) I can go to school (no matter how tough it is) and I am doing something I love (even if I don't love it every moment of every day.) I think about all the people in this world who don't have anything, or even those who have everything and yet they have nothing. I mean, how many people don't love what they do? How many people don't have the gospel like I do? How many people can't go to school? How many people are homeless? How many people are jobless? How many people have nothing? I mean I can touch, taste, smell, hear, and see. . . so many people can't. I have infinite options, whereas the majority of the world don't. I love this life! I am thankful for it! I live the good life!

No comments: