Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Reality Check

Ok- I just had the funniest experience on the T. I am sitting there minding my own business when these two guys walk on. Being that I am in the habbit of listening in on conversations for at least a second I tuned in to what they were saying. At first it seemed so normal, and then, I realized that they were in a full discussion of the policies of the Empire. They were detaling its history, discussing its current political climet, and talking about the most iminent dangers. Oh, I thought- history majors. . . no. . . not the case. . . I then caught the words "sith lord" and almost lost it. They were discussing The Empire they actually believed themselves to be living in this recession free empire where the major problem happened to be the fact that they were going to have difficulty finding a race similar enough to their own with which to procreate (I agree. . . and yes. . . they actually did discuss this, the difficulty they believe they will encounter in finding a mate) among other topics discussed was the way that past rulers had influenced the current political tide, and how history may repeat itself with the recent birth of "the small sith" who on earth has any idea what that means, but I thought it was like the best thing I had ever heard. I wished I had taped the entire conversation so I could laugh about it on some future bad day. Reality Check Guys- this is planet earth.

No comments: