Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Thankful for boredom

So I am feeling a bit bored- sitting here in class. I guess that is a good sign. I am thankful for boredom- being that it means that I know the stuff well enough to be bored. I am also grateful for a teacher who is pretty laid back and really nice. Thank heavens I am not sitting in a class where the teacher is a jerk and doesn't make the class fun. As a matter of fact he just asked if we were tuning him out- I replied "yes" jokingly of course (ok obviously not really because, I am writing this as he speaks) and he laughed and went on a tangent about seasonal affect disorder and how he feels the same way- and that he is going to just use that as an excuse when his wife asks him to do things. Seriously though- I am hearing something to the tune of prompts blah blah blah blah, seasonal affect disorder yadda yadda yadda, talk about it again blah blah, subsequent response. Yeah, not exactly the best use of my 3 hours in class. I have actually googled boredom and found bored.com and found that even that is boring. Well, I am thankful to be alive so I can be bored- thankful for cognition so I can know when I am out of it, I am thankful for work so I don't have to be bored, I am thankful for learning so I can expand my mind, I am thankful for interesting things- even though I am not experiencing any at this moment.

No comments: