Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Growing Up

So I turned 25 a couple weeks ago. 25, wow I never thought I would reach this age. Who knew. And the thing is, I feel so young! I don't feel like a 25-year-old, whatever that is supposed to feel like. I mean I can remember when I was young (those were the days) looking at the 25-year-olds and thinking, "wow, 25, that is OLD!" But alas, now I am there, here, even if I don't feel like it. Its so strange to think of all the things that are so different than I expected. I mean, I was sure I would be married with kids by this point in my life (thank heavens I am not). I didn't even know what grad school was (too bad I still don't). I would be living somewhere in California (mmm warmth, that would be nice). I guess things don't always work out how we plan them (not that I really mind). I am so happy with my life so far, I mean sometimes I think it would be nice to have those things I had planned on, but overall I am pretty sure I got the better deal. I have seen the world, I have served my God, I have gained an education, and I have grown. I am thankful to have done so much with my life so far, and am excited to see how it will all turn out (too bad that involves growing up).

1 comment:

Jessica Newman said...

25 is not old! We have barely begun! Ty is almost 28, that is old :)