Friday, January 16, 2009

Thankful

So, I have been pretty stressed out about school. I mean, I know I am going into a new semester and all, but I have been worried, constantly worried about school, about failing, about, well everything since, oh, I don't know. . . the end of September. Today I finally found out my last grade. I didn't fail. I am still officially in the program. I am still a graduate student at Emerson College. I am still on the road to getting a Master's. I have realized over the past 6 months why I came here. I had the option of going to pretty much any school I wanted to, and I chose Emerson College. Not because I wanted to come here, but because first of all, I knew God wanted me in Boston, and second of all I just knew that Emerson was the right school for me. I can remember a dream I had when I was trying to decide between Boston University and Emerson. I can remember in the dream I was going to BU and I just didn't feel right there. Then, i remembered that I could still go to Emerson, I went and found that the people there just made me feel at ease, and that they were willing to work with me. I woke up and knew that if I went to BU I would be alright, but if I went to Emerson I would have people who would help me even when I was having difficulty. Who knew that it would turn out to be as true as it has been. I have had teachers and adviser constantly checking up on me. They have asked me if they can do anything to help me. It seems that I am so cared about, so loved. I mean just today I had a teacher (whose class I failed last semester) tell me that I was a joy, and that she would do anything she could to help me succeed. On Wednesday I had a teacher take an hour just to talk to me about how I was doing. . . and give me a few tips on getting through the classes I am now facing. I am so glad that the Lord led me here, to this place where they actually care about their students. I mean really, is there another graduate school anywhere where the teachers care this much. I can't imagine one. So, when I found out my last grade, instead of crying about getting a B- I cried with joy, and gratitude that I had passed, and that only through the Lord's help I had succeeded in remaining in graduate school. So what can I say, I am thankful.

No comments: