Monday, October 27, 2008

Blessings

I am sitting here in the hallway outside my class, thinking about all the wonderful blessings I have in my life. I just took a test, which I didn't study for, and it was so easy... because I was blessed with a wonderful undergraduate education. I came in on the train this morning, and when a girl who was blind got on the train, I was thankful to give up my seat, because I realized that I am blessed with sight. I live in a wonderful house, with wonderful roommates. I am able to go to school, and get a degree in something I love. I have been blessed with the gospel of Jesus Christ, and I am able to see blessings from that each day. I look down and realize that I have shoes, that is something that not everyone is blessed with (and most definitely most people don't have as many pair as I have) I am blessed with clothing (yet again, maybe too much). I listen to the elevator go up and down over and over again, and am thankful that I can hear. I type and realize that I have been blessed with a computer to type on. I gripe about having to take a Neuroscience test, and having to study (albeit for the first time in my life... or maybe the second), and I realize how amazing the brain really is, the fact that I can not only have that wonderful structure sitting in my head, but that it works well enough that I can study it and understand (minimally) how it works... it is a great blessing. I could go on, and on, and on. Everywhere I look I see blessings. Everyone I meet is a blessing. My trials, they too are blessings, for they make me stronger, and teach me more than anything else can ever do. I am so thankful for all my blessings!

1 comment:

Jepsenator said...

It's blessing for me to have "met" you :)