Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Insomnia

So it has been 5 days since I have actually gotten a night's sleep, and when I say that I really do mean it, as in 4 days where I have not slept (as is evident by the fact that I am writing this at 4:30 am) It has been pretty interesting. The first 3 nights I laid in bed tossing and turning despite having taken something to sleep. Tonight (this morning really) I decided that there was no use in being unproductive even if it was the time one typically devotes to dreaming. I figured that it was a good thing that I have been given an extra 7-8 hours a day. I have already gotten so much accomplished since I decided an hour ago that if I couldn't sleep I was going to make the best of it. I wrote a couple self reflections for class, am starting on some progress reports I needed to get done, and will even have time to study... all before I would usually have awakened. The best part is that I am not even that tired during the day. Yesterday when I couldn't sleep I decided to get out of bed an hour and a half early, and I got in the best scripture study I have had in a long time.
I have always wondered what it would be like to only need a couple hours' rest each night before returning to my peppy day self. I envied the people I studied in psychology who didn't need sleep, and now I know what I have been missing my entire life. I guess I am more productive when there is really nothing else to do with my life besides work (being that as many times as I check my g-mail no one else in their right mind would have written me at 4 in the morning, and facebook... ahh facebook... yet again fruitless at this time of day). So I guess what I am saying is as long as you have insomnia you best make the best of it. I hope it doesn't go forever, but hey I just might be the most productive person you have ever met if it does.

1 comment:

Karrots said...

Catherine,

It is Ellen Kairot Hatala and I was talking with your Mom today and she told me that you have a blog! I do also www.craftykarrots.blogspot.com

Charles and I saw Romney in September and took he and his companion out to lunch, which was a lot of fun He have changed so much I could hardly believe it was him.

Hope all is going well for you!

Ellen