Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gratitude

Well, it is Thanksgiving again, and time to reflect on all I have. I can't even begin to say all the things I am thankful for, but I will definitely try to at least put a few (in no particular order):
Family- I am so thankful for a family who loves me, for parents who have given everything so that I can be happy. I am grateful for all my ancestors who make me who I am. I am grateful for the opportunity that I can live with my family for eternity. I am grateful for a brother serving a mission for the Lord. Thankful for parents who support me, and help me in so many ways. Thankful for grandparents who are stalwart examples to me. Thankful for cousins (and cousins-in-law) who are so much fun to be with.
Friends- those people who I can call on when I need strength, everyone who makes me feel special, the people I love, and who love me despite how stupid I can be sometimes. People who I can laugh with, people who I can cry with... Friends.
School- yes school... amazingly enough I am thankful for it. Thankful for getting into a grad program, thankful for teachers who are kind, thankful for being able to get an education, thankful that I can choose what I want to do, thankful for doing something I love, thankful for my clients at clinic and how much they have progressed.
Church- thankful for belonging to the true church. Thankful for having served a mission for the Lord, thankful for the love I feel at church, thankful for the scriptures, thankful for peace, thankful for the priesthood, thankful for prophets, thankful for teachers... thankful
The United States of America- being here, in this wonderful country. Thankful for the founding fathers who sacrificed so that I could have my freedoms. Thankful for freedom, thankful for liberty, thankful that there are still good people in this country. Thankful that I can walk down the street without fearing for my life.
Boston- thankful for moving here. Thankful for the wonderful people here, thankful for the heritage here. thankful for the beautiful city, thankful for the Charles river, and how it reflects the lights. Thankful for the T... and how it gets me to and from where I need to go. Thankful for the Boston Common, which is beautiful year round, thankful for being able to walk around and see so much history. Thankful for the beautiful buildings.

ya know... I am so grateful for everything I have... there is no way I can name all my blessings, but those are a few.

1 comment:

Jessica Newman said...

Catherine!
Happy Thanksgiving! Are you in California or Boston? We are in Charlotte, North Carolina! I hope you are having a great day!