Monday, November 3, 2008

Laughing at oneself

So, I am constantly doing stupid stuff. I have broken my ankle in Versailles, I have burned giant chunks of skin off my elbow with a curling iron, said the most random, most stupid stuff ever in classes, and done all sorts of other things which I can't think of right now. Most people just get overly embarrassed and slink away from the situation. I, on the other hand, feel like it is my duty to the world to let myself be laughed at, to laugh at myself... to embarrass the embarrassment. No, its not easy, and yes I would prefer to do as the common man does and try to be invisible, but who does that help? It doesn't help me, it doesn't help anyone else, but if I laugh I tend to feel better about it all, and everyone seems to feel a bit more at ease. So laugh people, laugh at yourself... laugh at me... its ok... life is so much better when you do. Laughter is the key to happiness (ok not necessarily, but it helps)

No comments: